JCOC Campus Redesign, Virginia Beach, VA
Client: Judeo-Christian Outreach Center, Virginia Beach
Year: 2016 – ongoing
- Located on Virginia Beach Blvd. near the Oceanfront Resort District
- The 15,700 SF campus redesign will include an addition of dormitory space and reorganization of administrative and community spaces.
- The building will be built in two phases: new administration spaces and both dormitories are included in the first phase. The second phase will include new activity areas, a community room, and kitchen.
- The rear of the building allows for intermingling of clients, visitors, and staff in the new gazebo or community garden.
- The facade provides an opportunity to collaborate with artists from the nearby Vibe District to create a piece of public art, i.e. a mural or sculptural installation.
The JCOC provides meals, housing, counseling, advocacy, education and employment assistance to the homeless. The JCOC empowers homeless families and individuals to recover from crisis situations and return to being self-supporting, productive, and independent members of our community. To learn more about this amazing organization, visit http://jcoc.org.